Heywood materialized from the internationally established Citibank Group in 1996 when, founder and managing partner, Christopher Strangways-Dixon was seconded by the global giant to assist in setting up the Treasury and Risk IT Solutions for Citibank SA. Within four years of operation the company had not only bridged a marketplace gap but had also, through in-depth knowledge and expertise of banking procedures, requirements and system integration, formed working relationships with 65% of banks in South Africa.
Several years later, Heywood has become Citibank SA’s IT partner and the company of choice to more than 46 global and local banking institutions. Creating a module specifically for reserve bank reporting, Heywood has since implemented its complex back-end system integration into numerous banking systems. Based on this unique model, Heywood is currently credited with designing and developing more than ten highly sought after financial solutions and tools as well as providing unparallel service excellence to more than 85% of the South African banking market.
- Understanding banking business & processes
- Understanding of banking technology
- Proven track record of implementing complex backend system integration solutions
- Continually developing & striving to improve banking modules
- Middleware design
Heywood’s commitment to personal growth and development is one of our highest priorities and we therefore place strong emphasis, as well as encouragement on furthering our people’s fields of expertise. Heywood currently, employs five teams of development specialist with particular focus on Treasury, Operations, Forex, Central/Reserve Bank, Risk Management, System Integration, Data Warehousing and E-Commerce.
Heywood staff attributes:
- Emphasis on staff retention. Heywood has had a very high retention of staff over the past 5 years. This adds considerable value to the service performance of the company.
- Strong complimentary team synergy.
- Retained intellectual capital and experience from past projects.